Things are tense in the royal family at the moment, as they await the bombshells Prince Harry may or may not drop in his explosive memoir, Spare, which will be released on January 10, 2023. But before that, they would have to deal with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Netflix docuseries, as reports suggest the streaming platform is keen to drop it as soon as next month!
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle want Netflix docuseries delayed until after Christmas
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, on the other hand, *don’t* want it to drop next month – they probably want to deal with the memoir fallout first – and are ‘at odds’ with Netflix as they want it delayed until 2023. But as things stand, they don’t seem to have succeeded! ‘Harry just doesn’t want him out before Christmas,’ source says The sunadding that his team “frenziedly asked Netflix to postpone production”.
READ MORE: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reportedly ‘freaked out’ and try to ‘tone down’ their Netflix show after Queen’s death
Conflicting Stories Over Release Date And Backlash Over ‘The Crown’ Timing
The release date for the docuseries, which will be released as part of the couple’s multi-year, $100 million deal with the streaming giant, has been widely debated for many months now, with numerous conflicting reports circulating. Latest reports suggest the Sussexes wanted to make cuts to their show after the death of the late Queen Elizabeth II to remove any negative commentary about King Charles III, Queen Consort Camilla Parker Bowles, Prince William and Kate Middleton, and even reshoot some parts, but the production team apparently didn’t want that to happen, as it would delay its release, so it’s currently unclear if any changes were actually made. We therefore understand why the Sussexes and the royal family is nervous!
(If we are to believe the latest reports, Prince Harry was unable to make *any* changes to his memoir, but a note at the start would have confirmed that it was all written before his grandmother’s death. Will the Netflix docuseries do the same, we wonder?)
Other reports have suggested that Netflix is keen to release the docuseries after season five of The crown, which is making headlines itself for all the wrong reasons. One scene that would not go well involves King Charles, played by Dominic West, when he was still Prince of Wales, attempting a coup against his mother, played by Imelda Staunton, during a meeting with the former British Prime Minister John Major.
The scene forced Major to tell the Mail on Sunday that the whole scene was a “barrel of malevolent nonsense” and that such a meeting never took place. Other controversial scenes from the fifth season reportedly involve Princess Diana, played by Elizabeth Debicki, as the show covers the moments leading up to her death in Paris.
What did Prince Harry and Meghan say about their Netflix docuseries?
The Sussexes haven’t revealed much about what we can expect from the docuseries, but here’s what we *do* know. Prince Harry, 38, and Meghan, 41, were followed by cameras for several months, and most of the show had already been filmed before the Queen’s death. They didn’t address the ongoing drama regarding the release date, but they both told fans what to expect when it finally releases.
“Our aim will be to create content that informs but also gives hope,” the Sussexes said in a statement. “As new parents, it’s also important for us to create inspiring family programming. Netflix’s unprecedented reach will help us share impactful content that unlocks the action.”
READ MORE: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Netflix show to air despite ‘panicking’ over Queen’s death
The Duchess of Sussex also touched on the docuseries in a recent interview with Variety, and praised Oscar-nominated director Liz Garbus. “It’s nice to be able to entrust our story to someone – a seasoned director whose work I’ve admired for a long time – even if that means it might not be how we would have told it,” Meghan said. “But that’s not why we’re telling it. We’re giving our story to someone else, and that means it’s going through its purpose.”
READ MORE: People are bashing Prince Harry and Meghan Markle for their new Netflix series: They can’t be serious!
#Prince #Harry #Meghan #Markle #reportedly #frenziedly #asked #Netflix #air #show #Christmas #Queens #death